How Does Nutrition Affect Your Recreation Efforts?

Fitness 400x280 - How Does Nutrition Affect Your Recreation Efforts?

Regardless of the fact that you might be just an occasional jogger or a full-time professional athlete, one thing is certain — proper nutrition is the key to success and the building block of longevity. There is a world-famous saying in fitness that stipulates that you can’t outtrain a bad diet, and that is a fact. 

No matter how hard you train, the results will never be so great if you don’t incorporate a proper and well-balanced diet. The same goes for recreation. Nutritional habits of an individual compose 80% of a successful body change, while the remaining 20% is left for exercising, and that’s how important a proper diet is. 

People who take up a sport as a way of recreation and a pastime activity are usually focused on losing a bit of weight and getting the best beach body they can. Exercising on a regular basis is essential, but if you genuinely want to lose fat and gain muscle, you must be mindful of what you eat and how much you eat. It is essential that your nutrition supports your exercise and not body fat.

In this article, we will cover some of the ways in which nutrition affects your efforts towards getting into that wanted shape, so read on! 

I Train Hard But Can’t Lose Body Fat — What Am I Doing Wrong? 

apple 300x248 - How Does Nutrition Affect Your Recreation Efforts?We have all seen people at the gym who can’t seem to lose fat at all, no matter how often they exercise. The main reason is that they don’t have a meal plan and indulge in food that is a source of fat and not fuel. Food should be considered a fuel for your body, and that fuel needs to be filled with important nutrients, such as protein, fibre, carbs, rather than plain sugar and fat. 

If you train hard in a session and come back home to eat an entire pizza, you can’t count on losing fat. What you need to do is replenish your body with essential protein and carbs. You need to achieve a balance among the two since carbs help with the recovery of muscles, whereas proteins give the body amino acids to repair and rebuild muscle tissue. 

What Should I Eat to Get Better Results?

There are various diets you can opt for to get the best of your exercise routine, no matter how recreational or professional it is. The important thing is that you should start with a great breakfast. Try oatmeal, whole-grain cereals, eggs, or another protein source. That will get you started. 

Food 300x199 - How Does Nutrition Affect Your Recreation Efforts?Eating carbohydrates is not bad at all. You should only pay attention and eat the right ones, such as the carbs from whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and beans, not sweets. 

Also, protein is the key. Eat protein-laden meals which can fuel your body with 0.8 grams of protein per day for every kilogram of your body weight, so go heavy on that poultry, beef, lamb, legumes, and so on. However, choose the protein source that is low in trans fats and don’t overeat that processed meat, no matter how tasty it is.  

Following these simple instructions will ensure you get the best out of your effort on the racetrack and succeed in achieving your goal.